Korma is a dish originating from South Asia or Central Asia. Here is the recipe for moringa leaf korma.
- 2 cups tender plucked Moringa leaves
- 1/2 cup split green gram with skin, washed soaked in 2 cups of water
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 5-6 French beans chopped
- 1 potato, scrubbed, washed, grated
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1″ piece ginger grated
- 1 stalk curry leaves
- 2 pinches asafoetida powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. each cumin & mustard seeds
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. oil
- salt to taste
Heat half of the oil in a pressure cooker. Add carrots, drained gram, beans, and the chopped chilli. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add washed and chopped moringa leaves, potatoes, ginger, add two cups hot water and stir. Add turmeric, salt, mix well. Put lid, cook for two whistles.
Cool cooker, remove lid. Add salt and lemon juice to taste.
Heat the remaining oil in a small pan, add cumin and mustard seeds. Once they begin to splutter, add curry leaves, and remaining chillies (halved). Pour into while sizzling, into korma. Stir gently, serve hot with steamed rice.